Business Systems Analyst
We are seeking a qualified individual to fill a Business Systems Analyst. Successful candidates must be able to prioritize responsibilities, identify and document user stories, requirements, and test cases. Exceptionally qualified candidates will also be able to effectively communicate with clients. Excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 or more years of experience in business analysis or a related field (or exceptional knowledge and skills for someone with less than 5 years)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to understand and create Behavioral UML documentation
- Competency in Microsoft or Google office applications
- Planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative and individual environment
- Excellent communication, training, and speaking skills
- Ability to create Structural UML documentation a plus
- Ability to influence stakeholders to determine acceptable solutions a plus
- Ability to create and present briefings or demonstrations a plus
- Prior experience in a software or consulting setting a plus
- Construct activity, use case and workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports.
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Prepare and document Functional and Technical Specifications for web based applications, reporting, and data warehouse work.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Develops and maintains user documentation; providing help desk support; and training users.
- Ability to define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming a project team; and establishing an initial project budget a plus.
DBDriven is a small software consulting firm, specializing in Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems (SLDS), business automation, and business intelligence. We have a very relaxed working environment and enjoy having fun as much as work. If you’re up to the challenge and want to join a dynamic and growing team with excellent pay, benefits and opportunity, then take a serious look at DBDriven.
If you have more questions regarding the position or are interested in applying. Please send us your resume and/or email us with the position you're interested in as the subject line at the following email: email@example.com